We believe in donor-centric fundraising – you have the choice of where you wish to designate your donation. We know the more you understand about our grantmaking, the easier it will be for you to connect with our work.
Our most popular fund, here’s where you can do the most good – our general grantmaking fund – by collecting resources into one general fund, together, we can make transformational grant awards to allow organizations to do the kind of law-related philanthropy we can all be proud of. What’s amazing about this fund…100% of donations made to this fund will be awarded to grant-seeking organizations.
Read more about our named funds – designed to address specific initiatives or programs with a narrower focus than the Unrestricted Fund.
ACCESS TO JUSTICE FUND (THE JUSTICE FUND)
Established by the OSBF Board of Trustees in September 2015 to address issues highlighted by to the Ohio Supreme Court Task Force on Access to Justice and the final report (pdf) from the OSBA’s Access to Justice Summit.
- The goal of the Justice Fund is to provide support and grant funding for projects and activities that further the charitable and educational purposes of the Foundation, including, but not limited to: research, educational programming, convening constituents, pilot programming and consultants for projects and programs that will enhance the pursuit of justice.
CHIEF JUSTICE THOMAS J. MOYER LEGACY FUND
Established in 2010 by the Foundation Board of Trustees to honor the late Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer through two statewide initiatives:
- The Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer Fellowship Program. Awarded annually to a law student enrolled in one of Ohio\'s nine law schools this rotating fellowship award supports statewide legal education initiatives and programs for exceptional law students to instill in them the concepts of ethics, integrity and civility that Chief Justice Moyer personified.
- Chief Justice Thomas J. Moyer Professorship for the Administration of Justice and Rule of Law. This endowed professorship at The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law honors and purports Chief Justice Moyer’s legacy of integrity and professionalism, deepening the impact of these qualities on the lives of countless students and on the law itself.
DENNY L. RAMEY EDUCATION FUND
The Denny L. Ramey Education Fund was established in 2012 by the Foundation Board of Trustees to recognize 26 years of service to OSBF by Mr. Ramey as its Treasurer and his unwavering support of the Foundation.
- The goal of this fund is to support educational projects in the Appalachian region of Ohio the further the educational purposes of the Foundation and public understanding of the law in the state of Ohio.
WILLIAM K. WEISENBERG FUND FOR CIVICS EDUCATION
The William K. Weisenberg Fund for Civics Education was established in 2013 by the Foundation Board of Trustees to recognize 35 years of service at OSBA by Mr. Weisenberg.
- This Fund will provide financial assistance to promote civics education initiative that prepare school age children and young adults to better understand our constitutional democracy and provide them with the knowledge and tools they need to be better, more informed citizens.